If you’re looking for a place to grow your skills and enhance your
professional experience, take a look at Perimeter Healthcare! We’re a
behavioral healthcare company operating acute psychiatric hospitals,
residential treatment centers and outpatient counseling centers in the U.S. We
operate 13 facilities across various states in the country with our corporate
offices located in Alpharetta, GA., and are continuing our expansion in 2020
We currently have several exciting FULL-TIME NIGHT SHIFT RN (Registered Nurse)
openings available at our new acute care behavioral health hospital located in
Arlington, TX. This facility focuses on providing mental & behavioral health
services to the adolescent and pediatric population of North Texas.
The Staff Registered Nurse provides, coordinates and evaluates patient care
through collaborative efforts with other health team members in accordance
with the nursing process, standards of care and practices along with hospital
* Identifies and documents patient information based on data collected through nursing assessments, information obtained through family, significant other, and/or primary caregiver.
* Creates and establishes patient assignment priorities based on patient’s needs, nursing assessment, identified problems, and estimated length of stay while developing short- and long-term goals and desired treatment outcomes.
* Assesses patients’ vital signs and reports abnormalities to physician.
* Assist patients through admission and discharge processes.
* Provides and documents discharge instructions including food and drug interactions, diets and activities as appropriate.
* Provides and coordinates care to patients during hospitalization.
* Administers medications to patients, verifies informed consents have been obtained prior to administering medications; evaluates and documents patient’s response to medication(s), reports any medication errors, and maintains Medication Administration Record (MAR).
* Verifies and monitors accuracy of updates and/or revisions made to patient records for appropriate documentation and timely filing.
* Utilizes professional and effective interviewing techniques, problem solving and crisis intervention practices when performing psychotherapeutic interventions.
* Provides appropriate intervention based on knowledge of psychiatric and medical emergencies, nursing procedures and patients Master Treatment Plan (MTP).
* Identifies patients at risk and implements procedures to monitor and reduce at risk factors.
* Participates in the development of the MTP unique to each patient’s needs.
* Complies with established measures for HIPAA, infection control, OSHA regulations, and risk management.
* Safely uses and maintains biomedical equipment (oxygen, EKG machines, etc.).
* Practices and maintains therapeutic staff/patient relationship boundaries.
*Required Skills & Abilities: *
* Must be able to provide superb customer service and effectively communicate with patients, doctors, and co-workers verbally and written.
* Must have a team player attitude and demonstrate resourcefulness, patience and dedication with the ability to collaborate with other departments.
* Ability to adapt to various patient populations, work in a fast face environment, and adapt calmly and effectively to emergency situations.
* Be able to read charts, treatment plans, physician orders and typewritten materials.
*Education & Licensure Requirements: *
* Graduate from an accredited nursing program with at least an Associate’s degree in nursing. Bachelor’s in Nursing HIGHLY preferred!
* MUST be a good standing, licensed registered Nurse with the Texas Board of Nursing.
* Knowledge of psychiatric and medical terminology, approved abbreviations and nursing procedures.
* Ability to maintain required licensing and/or certifications current and up-to-date.
* Must be able to pass medication administration exam.
* Demonstrate knowledge of pertinent state and federal regulations.
* At least one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse preferred.
* At least one (1) year of experience in a psychiatric and/or behavioral health hospital setting preferred.
* Experience working with pediatrics and/or adolescents is HIGHLY preferred.
* Robust Health Insurance Plans.
* Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
* Retirement 401(k).
* Paid time off.
* Must be able to work at least three (3) 12-hour shifts per week.
* Day Shift Hours Are: 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Job Type: Full-time
* psychiatric nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
* psychiatric and/or behavioral health hospital: 1 year (Preferred)
* working with children and/or adolescents: 1 year (Preferred)
* Texas Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
* Associates Degree in Nursing (Required)
* One location
* Current State Nursing License
* 12 hours
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
* Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
* Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
* High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply