~ No on- call ~ No holidays~
Physician Partners of America (PPOA) is an integrated healthcare
organization with our corporate headquarters in Tampa, FL. We specialize in
pain management, and offer outstanding care at our pharmacies, laboratories,
clinics and surgery centers. Through cutting edge approaches such as
pharmacogenomics, regenerative medicine, and intraoperative neuromonitoring,
we are able to offer our patients the best care no matter their condition.
We are looking for an experienced Pre-OP/PACU RN to join our
Ambulatory Surgery Center team full-time. This RN is responsible for
providing outstanding patient care through nursing, diligently upholding the
highest standard of care for assigned patients through assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. The Registered Nurse shall oversee and guide
employees that are under his/her supervision while working under the direction
of the Director of Nursing.
* Conduct care with empathy at the heart of every interaction; Empathy is one of PPOA’s core values.
* Perform initial physiological needs assessment on all patients on admission.
* Identify patient’s symptoms and changes and take appropriate timely action.
* Observe behavioral and physiologic changes due to medications, take appropriate actions and document.
* Maintain awareness of the status of assigned patients. Collect and document data appropriate to the nature and severity of the illness. Communicate appropriate data to the physician and other patient care team members.
* Interpret and implement physician’s orders; perform treatments according to accepted standards and policies; evaluate and document effectiveness of treatments.
* Anticipate potential patient problems and take the necessary precautions to minimize those problems to ensure patient safety.
* Identify and report unsafe practice and/or procedures.
* Ensure that supplies and equipment are available for patient care.
* Interact professionally and courteously with physicians, patients, patient’s families, visitors, members of the public and co-workers.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings, read and return all monthly staff meeting minutes in a timely manner.
* Encourage and promote cross training activities for professional growth and in order to contribute to the overall function of the Center.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skill requirements regarding his/her role in the Safety Management Program (Safety/Security), Infection Control, Hazardous Materials, Emergency Preparedness, Life Safety, Medical Equipment and Utility Systems, and his/her expected level of participation. Submits documentation of annual updates.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Has a clear and active state license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
* Current BLS and ACLS certification.
* Demonstrates current, comprehensive, professional knowledge and skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and AAAHC regulations, Standards for Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice Act.
* Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in the Center.
* Effective communicator- appreciates and respects others’ needs, opinions, and concerns.
PPOA celebrates and supports diversity and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. PPOA performs criminal background checks and pre-
employment drug screens.