Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive
healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities.
We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And
that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another.
Here, you’ll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
Position Title: Health Services Regional Director
Location: Fort Worth, TX (Southwest)
Reports To: Vice President of Health Services
Supervises: Health Center Managers, Clinicians (Advanced Practice Nurse
Practitioners and Physician Assistants)
Employment Status: Full-Time, Exempt
* The Health Services Regional Director provides support to health centers and is responsible for the growth and financial performance of centers in the assigned region. This position has oversight of health centers and staff providing a full range of comprehensive reproductive health care and abortion services. Ensures delivery of high-quality reproductive health care and family planning services for women and men. Ensures productivity and financial expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. This position is a member of management and is responsible for efficient integration and productivity. The Health Services Regional Director has direct and indirect oversight to health centers for assigned location or region. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations
* Monitors health center financial performance for assigned region. Responsible for profit and loss statements of assigned health center/ region.
* Develops and mentors health center managers in the areas of performance management, staff development and building a creative, innovative, service-oriented culture that allows health center managers to achieve customer service, operational and financial goals.
* Communicates goals and health center strategic plans/vision to Health Center Managers. Holds Health Center Managers accountable through regular communication and provides guidance and direction.
* Collaborates with Public Affairs, Community Relations and Development Staff to create synergy across departments thereby optimizing demand for health services.
* Acts as a liaison between administrative departments and clinics to remove barriers and support and empower health center managers in the achievement of clinic goals.
* Promotes services by increasing Planned Parenthood’s presence in the local market through participation in outside events, professional groups; maintains community involvement.
* Establishes strong relationships with area social service agencies and medical providers in assigned area.
* Monitors client volume, capacity and productivity for assigned health centers. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining staffing levels and appointment schedule templates that account for no show rates and seek to meet or exceed PPFA productivity goals for visits/hour and relative value unit (RVU), and meet or exceed annual estimated visits proposed in organization annual budget.
* Lead, motivate, coach and train health center managers. Coach clinic supervision in day-to-day health center processes and encourages in the development of skills relating to workflow processes, determining appropriate staffing needs, and meeting productivity goals. Coaches and develops health center managers in change process and building service-oriented clinic teams.
* In collaboration with other regions and departments is responsible for implementing organization business and operational policies, systems, and procedures.
* Ensures health center staff understand and comply with organization protocols including medical standards and guidelines, risk management and safety procedures, regulations regarding patient rights, HIPAA requirements, regulations regarding identification and reporting of child abuse and sexual abuse of a minor, consent, infection control protocols, CLIA, billing and coding practices and applicable OSHA safety standards.
* Ensures that PPGT policies and procedures are met, including educating and counseling patients in reproductive health matters; performing routine lab tests; utilizing electronic practice management (EPM/EHR) system to schedule appointments, register patients, and accurately post charges for services.
* May act as health center manager or perform other health center duties to assist in efficient operation of health centers.
* Works with health center managers to ensure that business and clinical processes are “patient friendly”. Encourages innovation and creative thinking in finding opportunities to serve the customer better.
* Collaborates with the Director of Revenue Cycling for metrics and compliance with billing best practices and procedures.
* Manages health center(s) providing family planning and/or abortion services.
* Complies with all applicable laws governing abortion services if within area of responsibility.
* May serve as project manager for expanding health services including abortion services into new territories or regions.
* May lead improvement initiatives relating to health center operations such as wait time reduction, billing and coding, client satisfaction, and quality service measures such as Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS).
* Ensures all health centers adhere to organization’s cash handling policy.
* Conducts or attends health center staff meetings.
* Fosters a positive communication environment including eliciting creativity, staff ideas, concerns, and suggestions.
* Serves as a resource for Health Center staff and administration.
* Continually seeks to improve the work environment, processes, and staff relations.
* Maintain positive employee relations including proactively addressing potential employee concerns/problems and appropriately respond and document performance concerns and actions when necessary.
* Authorizes and coordinate staff work hours, leave requests, time sheets, and expense reports.
* Promptly alerts human resources of potentially serious issues or situations as they occur to minimize inappropriate, disruptive or unlawful behavior.
* Effectively leads staff including clear communication and training of affiliate directives, priorities, or strategic health center changes.
* Provides key leadership in health center operations; including selection, hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
* In conjunction with the Health Services and CQI teams, ensures that all PPFA, organization, state regulatory, and grantee medical practices and protocols are interpreted, implemented, and managed by all health services staff.
* Ensures excellent customer service standards are maintained at all assigned health centers.
* Provides timely feedback and performance evaluation reviews with staff.
* Ensures all required training is completed for direct reports and has overall accountability for staff within area of responsibility.
* Identifies and encourages growth and development of health center staff.
* Manages staffing levels and establishes overall budget for area of responsibility.
* Prepares and analyzes reports on health center operations as needed.
* Accepts individual and joint responsibility for, and the efforts to achieve health center annual goals regarding number of patients served, patient waiting time, appointment show rate, accuracy in the execution and recording of patient payments, customer satisfaction etc.
* Ensure processes are in place and being followed for excellent clinical quality, and patient and staff safety, including successful completion, and remediation of audits including: Clinical quality audits, DSHS Site Reviews, PPFA Accreditation Standards.
* In collaboration with the training department, ensures that ongoing training and development programs are available to staff within area of responsibility.
* Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, as appropriate.
* Has unrestricted access to client protected health information (PHI) on paper and electronic forms for purposes of treatment, payment, and/or health care operations. The use of a client’s protected health information should be limited to information needed for the specific task that is being performed or requested by the individual client. Disclosure of any client information must be for purposes of treatment, payment or health care operation OR must be accompanied by a valid authorization.
* As a member of management, ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
* Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business administration or related area.
* 5 years of management experience in healthcare, business, or related. Multi-facility management with a regional or territorial emphasis experience a plus. Health Center operations experience preferred.
* Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
* Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
* Demonstrated ability to identify viable and sustainable business expansion opportunities.
* Effective leadership capabilities; able to mentor and coach team in area of responsibility and the achievement of organization goals.
* Ability to think strategically and achieve organization’s goals relating to position.
* Ability to operationalize strategic goals into action plans
* Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
* Possess effective analytical skills.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
* Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
* Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
* Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
* Skilled in verbal and written communications.
* Must be able to speak effectively in a public or group setting.
* Working knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
* Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
* Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
* Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
* Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
* Ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise subordinates.
* Industry Awareness: Remains aware PPFA accreditation standards and of the reproductive health environment’s regulatory compliance requirements. Understands how accreditation standards, regulatory agencies, funding, the external marketplace and competitive environment drives change within the agency.
* Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates a comprehensive awareness of the impact and implications of decisions and actions on other areas (departments or clinics) within the agency.
* Planning/Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to assure accomplishments of a specific objective. Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively.
* Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
* Recovery Skills: Responds effectively and acknowledges responsibilities when clients (internal or external) experience problems or mistakes; rectifies the situation to restore client satisfaction; seeks information and collaborates with others to take action to implement permanent fixes. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure, and or stressful conditions.
* Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
* Building Relationships: Shows genuine interest in others’ needs and opinions; establishes rapport; earns the confidence and trust of others; demonstrates consistency between words and actions; delivers on commitments.
* Teamwork: Able to develop cooperation and work collaboratively toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
* Process Improvement: Understands core work processes; identifies process opportunities and issues; seeks information to understand the gap between current and desired performance; works effectively with others to identify and implement improvements; continuously works to improve returns for the client and the organization.
* Advocacy: Supports others and actively contributes to Planned Parenthood’s success; celebrates others’ successes; collaborates across functions and departments to meet internal and external client needs.
* Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
* Integrity: Builds trust and matches actions and words.
* Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
* Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
* PPGT celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. To that end, employment is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of age; race, color, ancestry, national origin, or ethnicity; citizenship status; sex or gender; gender identity or gender expression or transgender status (including the individual’s actual or perceived sex and the individual’s gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression); sexual orientation; mental or physical disability as long as you are qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; perception of risk of HIV infection; or association with individuals who are believed to be at risk; religion or creed; genetic information; pregnancy status, including related medical conditions; marital status; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services; or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
* Must be able to stand, particularly for sustained periods of time. Must be able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, such as moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, or typing. Must be able to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. Must be able to talk such as convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately. Must be able to hear such as the ability to receive detailed communication orally. Must be able to communicate effectively. Will have substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to infectious diseases. Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Must be able to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. Health Center and office environment.
Applicants have rights under the Federal Employment Laws. To view these
notices, please click on the following links: Family and Medical Leave Act
(FMLA) poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) poster; and Employee
Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) poster.