Registered nurses (RNs) perform basic duties that include treating patients,
educating patients about mental and medical conditions, and providing advice
and emotional support to patients and/or family members, running therapeutic
groups, psychiatric crisis intervention, seclusion and restraint of patients.
RNs record patients’ medical histories and symptoms, help to perform
diagnostic tests and analyze results, operate medical machinery, administer
treatment and medications, and help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation.
RNs teach patients and their families how to manage their illness or injury,
diet and exercise programs, and self-administration of medication and physical
therapy. Other related duties.
Education and Work Experience
* Must have current and valid State license as a Registered Nurse
* BLS upon hire and maintain current.
* Working knowledge of Mental Health Laws and practice standards.
* Working knowledge of interdisciplinary treatment team process, behavioral health programming and daily nursing functions for inpatient and outpatient behavioral health units.
* Working knowledge of the continuum of care for behavioral health care.
* Behavioral Violence Prevention within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not
discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected
characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application
process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: