The Nurse Manager is responsible for the oversight and supervision of the
daily operations of the nursing department at an assigned facility.
* Oversees quality patient care by the Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Recovery Advocates.
* Supervises daily operations of all nursing functions.
* Coordinates with the Executive Director to establish protocols and develop best practices.
* Implements and educates established protocols and best practices to nursing.
* Coordinates and/or facilitates staff training and development to maintain quality of care consistent with or exceeding industry standards. Oversees the Infection Control /Employee Health Program within facility specific regions..
* Communicates with the Executive Director to keep informed of current department activities, plans and developments through both oral and written reports.
* Monitors and assures the facility’s compliance with applicable standards, regulation and laws.
* Hires, trains and develops assigned staff. Partners with Human Resources to maintain consistency as it relates to company policy.
* Conducts annual performance evaluations for staff, including goal setting and counseling where appropriate.
* Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with staff to communicate issues regarding procedures, processes and overall departmental performance
* Coordinates groups led by nursing staff weekly for Chemical Dependency Education.
* Leads CD Education Groups.
* Maintains medical and pharmaceutical supplies at established par levels to ensure promotion of cost effectiveness.
* Coordinates staff scheduling and payroll.Serves on various organizational teams/committees and acts as a consultant to other departments.
* Minimum three (3) years’ clinical work experience with supervisory experience.
* Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
* CARN preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Experience with a 12 step program preferred.
* CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.
Job Type: Full-time