Remote Medical International is actively seeking medical screeners for
Abilene, TX. This position has been developed to assist clients with
performing on-site medical screening specifically for COVID-19 as a means of
prevention of spread within their facilities, vessels, job sites, and large
This position has been developed to assist clients with performing on-site
medical screening specifically for COVID-19 as a means of prevention of spread
within their facilities, vessels, job sites, and large living quarters.
The Site Medical Screener is an unlicensed medical role specifically operating
within the protocols established for screening humans for possible infection
utilizing individual questionnaires, a brief exam consisting of a tympanic
and/or oral temperature, and general appearance according to the protocols.
This position does not require the establishment of medical care and treatment
for affirmative responses to the questions or temperature checks as the
protocol specifically addresses these issues on a case by case basis, and via
telemedicine with a licensed physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Administering medical questionnaires directly to Client Staff;
* Personnel entering job sites
* Personnel departing job sites
* Personnel embarking or disembarking from vessels
* Administering and interpreting the temperature of an individual utilizing tympanic and/or oral thermometers according to manufacturer’s instructions and CDC guidance for personal protection.
* Reporting cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols while remaining cognizant of appropriate reporting requirements (State, Local and Federal) requirements (established per site).
* Communicate findings directly to the Topside physicians as required and listed within each site plan as per protocol
* Don and Doff PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screening
* Document findings and results of the Medical Screening with the RMI documentation system
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* EMT-B (State or Nationally Registered), or Paramedic, Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical/Vocation Nurse (LPN/LVN), Medical Assistant (MA) from recognized entity
* BLS-CPR (American Heart Association or American Red Cross or Equivalent)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However,
employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees
or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the
pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation,
proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish
information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)