This position is located in La Mesa, area of San Diego CA.
Full Time – Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Current unencumbered California RN licensure required.
* Three (3) years’ experience in nursing or other clinical area of an acute care facility required.
* Strong clinical skills including understanding of clinical disease process, pathophysiology and treatment plans required.
* Experience working with an EHR required; preferably Cerner Millennium.
* Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with physicians and all levels of hospital personnel is key.
* Strong analytical skills are needed.
* Organization and prioritization skills needed.
* Effective written and verbal communications skills are important.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing Degree
* Emergency or critical care nursing background
* Working knowledge of regulatory coding guidelines
* Certified Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS) certification
This Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist role is an exciting
opportunity for the right candidate to move into an upcoming role in nursing
that combines clinical knowledge and skills with knowledge of coding as we
proceed in implementation of ICD-10. The goal of the program is to assist
physicians in improving the accuracy of clinical documentation for greater
specificity and completeness while the patient is still in the hospital.
Anticipated outcomes include improved communication among clinicians for
better quality of care, improved reporting, and accurate coding. This is
achieved using clinical knowledge to deploy queries, face-to-face
communications, and other educational programs to achieve this goal.
Sharp HealthCare’s new Clinical Documentation Improvement Department is part
of the Clinical Informatics Department. This provides a clinician an
opportunity to learn new skills, new software, and work closely with
physicians, informaticists and coders. This newly formed department currently
has 10 clinical professionals with CDIS knowledge.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa
and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location
and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized
integrated system support services to the operating entities within the
system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development,
Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and
Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development,
Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services,
Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status or any other protected class.