This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County.
10 hours, variable shifts 0315-1345 or 1200 – 2230, Every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must be computer literate and understand hospital staffing
* Performs all functions of a staffing assistant in a manner that demonstrates exceptional understanding and proficiency
* Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
* Must be able to spend many hours on the phone and on the computer
* Must be able to use all Microsoft platforms: to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Recent experience as an Administrative Staffing Assistant
* Exposure to payroll, time cards, financial tools and resources for cost effectiveness.
* Must be familiar with hospitals varying level of care and skills
* Familiarity with unions
Staffing Assistant works with the unit charge nurses and Administrative
Liaison to ensure adequate staffing for the hospital units. Ensures staffing
office activities are cost effective and efficient. Ensures staff is cancelled
on time, ensures utilization of outside registry, overtime and incentive
shifts is minimized by staffing activities utilizing RN and Nursing Assistant
float pool staff, monitored through replacement shift reporting. Must be an
expert at all staffing applications
The Staffing Assistant works in a small department and works closely with the
Administrative Liaison. This team demonstrates strong work ethic and teamwork.
This person attends the hospital bed meetings to ensure staffing is adequate
to meet hospital census. Must be able to spend many hours on the phone and on
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array
of health care services in San Diego’s South Bay. A Designated Planetree
Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region’s most
comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for
orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer
Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique
healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego’s
South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go
beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new
hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with
thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community
we’re privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp
hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes
seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
* All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
* 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
* Redesigned main entrance and lobby
* Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
* Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a
new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our
spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for
cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift
quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the
hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean
to the mountains.