SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with
health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop
and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical
facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA,
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Charge nurse supervise and support a nursing staff, while also treating a
limited number of patients. They are responsible for maintaining a high level
of patient care, evaluating other nurses and acting as an educational resource
Key Responsibilities :
Charge nurse is required to be an experienced registered nurse who will
display leadership, management and communication skills. They are responsible
for managing, supervising and assisting the nursing staff in the operating
room, as well as providing administrative support and patient care.
Regular duties include directing the admission, discharge and general flow of
patients into the operating room and assigning nurses and support staff to
patients/rooms. While daily goals must be met, effective charge nurses are
flexible and able to prioritize and adapt during emergencies.
Charge nurse will provide guidance on administering care to new patients or
those with special needs and answer questions regarding operating room
protocol. They frequently work with other nurses and patients to create a plan
of care that is individualized to a patient’s needs. Charge nurse will develop
and implement training courses and organize needs assessment to help educate
and train new nurses and staff.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
Aside from managerial responsibilities, charge nurses perform administrative
duties including creating schedules, maintaining adequate supplies and
informing staff of changes to protocol. In some settings, charge nurses plan
budgets for the nursing staff.
Nursing Duties and Responsibilities
While most duties and responsibilities are managerial and administrative,
charge nurses also provide patient care. Although the number of patients and
relative difficulty of each case may vary depending on the schedule. Other
duties will include circulating a surgical room.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Are in complete alignment with our core values
* To promote the highest standards of clinical nursing care
* To lead, manage and supervise the work of the Staff Nurses
* To provide person centered nursing care to residents which enables them to enjoy a valued life
* Complete one to one supervision sessions and Appraisals for Staff Nurses
* To maintain good working relationships with the nursing and care team, attend staff meetings and encourage input from whole team on improvements to the care home service
* Ensure effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care through the development of written care plans
* To maintain correctly written records as required by the company and the regulatory bodies
* To communicate all requests and changes of practice to all relevant personnel
* To assume named nurse/link nurse responsibilities
* To report any injuries, disease and dangerous practice to all relevant personnel
* To challenge poor practice and provide guidance for improving practice.
* Dealing with matters arising in the team with a view to settlement as opposed to escalation – if necessary, involve HR department for support and advice
* Ensuring that all staff comply with the organization’s policies and procedures including Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
* Ensuring that the service complies with regulatory requirements e.g. Control of Infection
* Attending staff meetings internally as required
* Maintaining sound working relationships with staff in regulatory bodies and other relevant organizations
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
* Current license to practice professional nursing in the State required
* BLS for Healthcare Providers required
* PALS/ACLS (this can be obtained)
Please click HERE to apply
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.