SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with
health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop
and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical
facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA,
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
The Preoperative Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning,
implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The
Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes
through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the
mission, vision and values of the facility.
Key Responsibilities :
* Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care
* Assesses patient status on admissions and on an ongoing basis.
* Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in preoperative patient care duties.
* History and physical assessment of patient.
* Completes review of medical record.
* Assist with preoperative and postoperative patient calls
* Provides instructions according to patient needs.
* Graduate of accredited School of Nursing .
* At least one year of medical /surgical nursing experience preferred.
* Current state licensure to practice.
* Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment.
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Successful completion of ACLS course within 90 days of employment.
* Successful completion of PALS course within 90 days of employment .
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare
NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC