*Director of Patient Care Services – Texas Health Mansfield- operated as
joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX *
* Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
* Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
* Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
* Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
* Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Overall responsibility for the management and administration of the assigned nursing units by providing qualified personnel and in a cost effective environment to ensure the delivery of quality nursing care.
* Administers and interprets personnel policies and procedures including wage and salary to each employee upon hire, 100% of the time.
* Recruits, interviews, selects and hires employees for the assigned units to maintain adequate coverage of each area.
* Ensures appropriate orientation of new personnel as evidenced by feedback from errands, staff and completion by errands of unit based competencies and check-off list.
* Assists with or counsels employees when necessary for disciplinary and/or exemplary actions in accordance with department and hospital policy as evidenced in the personnel file.
* Submits completed schedule to staffing coordinator by the end of the working day on Friday, 2 weeks before schedule is posted.
* Assures that schedule provides at least 50% of coverage by regular staff when granting PDO requests.
* Monitors hours-worked on unit verifying tech time, overtime and workshops bimonthly per hospital policy.
* Assesses 24 hour staffing needs and collaborates with staffing coordinator and administrative supervisors to meet staffing standards on a consistent basis as evidenced by feedback from staffing coordinator, supervisors and appropriate staffing.
* Confers with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Personnel Office on the personnel needs of the department monthly so advertisements may be placed.
* Provides for supervision of patient care activities through delegation to Charge Nurse as evidenced by designated Charge Nurse each shift 100% of the time.
* Maintains visibility by staff and physicians in the clinical activities of the unit.
* When applicable, follows hospital protocol and physician orders regarding use of restraints.
* Utilizes clinical expertise, leadership /management skills to assure efficient operations of the unit.
* Reviews unit goals and objectives annually submitting report to CNO.
* Develops unit objectives as evidenced by development accountabilities annually reviewing objective with CNO.
* Reviews patient care standards, policy and procedures on an annual basis.
* Implements the Quality Improvement plan in collaboration with QI unit representative and Quality Improvement Chairman as evidenced by monthly reports to Nursing Quality Improvement Committee.
* Establishes and promotes professional and harmonious relationships among unit personnel with hospital administration, medical staff, patients families, visitors and other contacts to ensure that quality care is provided in accordance with the mission of the hospital.
* Contributes to the leadership of the nursing department as an essential member of the Nursing Council as evidenced by attendance sheet and minutes.
* Serves as a role model and mentor for the nursing staff guiding and directing the head nurse, charge nurse of each area of assigned responsibility.
* Provides for open communication with staff by seeking input regarding their concerns and problems by periodically conducting floor staff meetings using the forum as an opportunity for active problem solving.
* Maintains compliance with all regulatory and JCAHO requirements as required, places a special focus on quality improvement, discharge planning, nursing care plans and appropriate follow-up.
* Demonstrates the ability to maintain an efficient relationship with members of the medical staff; ensure immediate follow-up on all physician complaints and concerns.
* Manages the fiscal responsibilities of the unit to control the cost of delivering progressive quality care within budgetary guidelines.
* Assists in developing a realistic operational and capital expenditure budget annually.
* Keeps CNO informed of budget variations by discussing reasons for variations.
* Implements innovative nursing care delivery methods to meet needs of staff and patients.
* Involves staff in cost control by sharing financial reports, problem solving in cost issues and providing input into the budgeting process.
* Involved in the planning of strategies to improve services in the department and increase consumer awareness about Mansfield Hospital.
* Participate in the development of new programs and/or services in department as evidenced by increase in patient census and feedback from CNO.
* Evaluate the need for new services or programs in the department through surveys or physician, patient or staff feedback, annually.
* Performs management functions
* Ensures that department expenditures remain within approved operating budget and reports variances and plan of action on a monthly basis to appropriate personnel.
* Ensures that Capital Expenditure Requests are appropriately justified as it relates to cost, quality, service, i.e., value; and when applicable financial return and value-added is thoroughly assessed and quantified.
* Daily reviews labor management reports and adjusts staffing as needed, in a timely manner for acuity and safety.
* Assures compensation dollars per hour are at a minimum.
* Ensures that department maintains 100% compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
* Effectively manages the Human Resource function of the department.
* Completes all personnel evaluations on or before the due date and turns them in to the Human Resources department.
* Write competencies for the department each year.
* Administers competencies to staff and turns in the documentation to the Human Resources and Education departments.
* Complies with new-hire process.
* Consistently collaborates with Human Resources on employee relations issues.
* Regularly attends mandatory meetings unless approval is obtained from appropriate personnel.
* Uses the hospital Performance Improvement model to identify and resolve various issues and improve outcomes both interdepartmentally and intradepartmentally.
* Accurately documents processes identified and improvement of this process.
* Turns in applicable reports to the Performance Improvement Council on a quarterly basis.
* Participates in data collection, analysis and reporting for on-going Performance Improvement activities.
* Provides good leadership to others.
* Effectively role models appropriate behavior and leadership to all employees, exemplifying the mission and values of the system.
* Maintains a consistently high level of quality throughout the department in services provided to all customers, both internal and external.
* Responsible for supervision and guidance of all staff working in department (head nurse, charge nurse, RNs, LVNs, NTs, CNAs and unit secretaries).
What will you need:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum of five years of experience in an acute care setting with demonstrated
leadership abilities appropriate decision making with a history of positive
interpersonal relationships with hospital staff, patients and visitors.
Minimum of two years of previous experience as Head Nurse or Supervisor
Licensed to practice as an RN in the state of Texas.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or masters preferred.
Minimum 5 years of ICU/PCU experience highly preferred
Critical Care Certification highly preferred
The Admin Director practices as a professional nurse within the limits of the
Texas Nurse Practice Act. Is responsible for the overall management and
administration of the assigned nursing units which includes hiring appropriate
and adequate staff, planning, submitting annual budget, is accountable for
operating within the approved budget. The Admin Director is accountable for
ensuring that quality nursing care is given to each patient 24 hours a day.
Must be able to function independently and efficiently as a member of the
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal,
state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.