Texas Health Hospital Southwest seeks to hire a Registered Nurse (RN) in Labor
and Delivery (L&D) to work Full Time.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76132
Salary range is Min. $25.00/hr to Max. $50.40/hr – based on relevant
* Night Shift
* 36 Hours Per week
* 3 -12 Hour shifts from 6:45 PM – 7:15 AM
* Weekday, Weekend and Holiday call required
Under the direction of the health care provider, the Registered Nurse is
responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and
well-being of all patients.
The Labor & Delivery area consists of the following:
* 2017 Clinical Department of the year
* 14-bed LDR
* 2-OR suites
* With an average of 260 to 300 births per month.
* Texas 10-step designation
* Mother friendly designated
* Pathways to Excellence designated
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
* Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – RN’s hired after January 2017 require BSN within 2 years of start date.
* One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (Labor & Delivery RN experience from an acute care facility strongly preferred)
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
* BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
* ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months is required
* NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 days is required
* A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Basic computer skills – computerized charting – use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
* Critical thinking skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
* Triage, labor, deliver, circulate, recover and monitor patients are preferred skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-
service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour
emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and
a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth,
which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100
employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff.
The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American
Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine
specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the
AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our
accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
* 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
* 2018 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4th year in a row)
* 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
|Job Category||Labor and Delivery|