Texas Health Southwest seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in
the Progressive Care Department.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway; Fort Worth TX 76132
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant
* Shift is 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Southwest is a leading provider in quality patient care in the
Ft. Worth community. Our 36 bed PCU Department provides intermediate
/telemetry level of care for the post-acute cardiac, general medical,
endocrine GI/renal patient population. With experienced, compassionate and
skilled staff we strive to create a patient centered environment while
fostering positive teamwork.
Progressive Care Registered Nurse – Heartly your regular job!
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
* assesses the patient
* plans the care of the patient
* intervenes as appropriate
* evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
* Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
* Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
* Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
* Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
* CLIAFE – Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency
* BCLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
* ACLS (AHA) within 6 month of hire
* CPI training within 60 days of hire
* One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
* PCU/Tele experience or strong Med/Surge experience (2 years +) preferred
* Computer skills
* Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
* Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
* A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health Highlights
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-
service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour
emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and
a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth,
which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100
employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff.
The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical
Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition
from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our
accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
* 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
* 2019 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (5th year in a row)
* Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor