Texas Oncology is looking for a Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) to join
our team! This position will support the Sammons Cancer Center location in
Dallas, TX. This is a Full-time Monday-Friday position with no weekends,
call, or major holidays . Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology
provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites
across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based
cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care
accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with
the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the
same today—at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to
deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our
patients achieve “More breakthroughs. More victories.” ® in their fight
against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed
with cancer on an annual basis.
* _Why work for us?_*
Are you a problem solver? Collaborator? Organized? Love one on one patient
Consider a career with Texas Oncology at our largest site in the DFW
metroplex. As an integral part of the care team, you will work with the
physician to understand the nuances of your patient’s needs and help navigate
their care. Texas Oncology-Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Dallas
provides evidenced-based, and cutting-edge treatments such as immunotherapy,
CAR-T and cellular therapies, along with robust research, radiation,
diagnostic imaging, gynecological and surgical interventions.
Located on the campus of a tertiary care center, this location provides
discounted DART passes and an onsite cafeteria. Come join our team that is
responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed
with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a
competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO
program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that
rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such
as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some
of your favorite retailers.
* _The ideal candidate for the Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) will have the
following background and experience:_*
* Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
* Minimum of seven years nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment
* Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer
* RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
* Current CPR certification required
* _What does the Clinic Registered Nurse (RN)_* * do? *
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing
care for patients following established standards and practices. Demonstrates
knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including late
adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes
physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each
group. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include
the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
* _The essential duties and responsibilities:_*
* Assists physician with exams and procedures. Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
* Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures. Completes all chemotherapy charge forms. Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies. Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of pump usage.
* Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management. Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
* Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient’s chart.
* Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material. Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary. Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 – $38.00 per hour
* Oncology: 1 year (Required)
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Retirement plan
* Paid time off
Completed license needed:
* Upon starting work
* Nurses wear own scrubs
* 8 hours
Relocation Assistance Provided:
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
* Day shift
* 8 hour shift