Texas Oncology is looking for a full-time Oncology Registered Nurse
(RN) to join our team!This position will support the Methodist Dallas
Cancer Center, Methodist Charlton Cancer Center, Corsicana, and Waxahachie
locations . Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in
the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas
and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care
because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to
all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical
support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today—at
Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-
quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
“More breakthroughs. More victories.” ® in their fight against cancer. Today,
Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an
* _Why work for us?_*
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in
treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage,
a generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of
other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance
program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
* _The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following
background and experience:_*
* Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
* Minimum of seven years nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment
* Current or pending oncology certification preferred
* Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer
* RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
* Current CPR certification required
* Must maintain continuing education requirements
* _What does the Registered Nurse (RN)_* * do? *
This RN will be cross trained to work in Infusion and the Clinic departments.
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing
care for patients following established standards and practices. Demonstrates
knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including late
adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes
physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each
group. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include
the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
* _The essential duties and responsibilities:_*
* Mixes and administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
* Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures. Completes all chemotherapy charge forms. Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies. Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of pump usage.
* Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management. Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
* Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique. Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration of chemotherapy, medications and blood products, to include, but not limited to: venipuncture, central line access and infusion devices.
* Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material. Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary. Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 – $40.00 per week
* oncology: 1 year (Required)
* Multiple locations
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Retirement plan
* Paid time off
Relocation Assistance Provided:
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
* Day shift
* 8 hour shift