Radiation Therapy Technologist (ARRT):
The Lead Radiation Therapist supervises the radiation therapists at a specific
clinic location. Serves as contact to management regarding radiation therapy
issues while continuing to function as a radiation therapist. Supervision
responsibilities include overseeing therapists, scheduling, performance
reviews, etc. The radiation therapist will administer radiation therapy by
exposing specific areas of the patient’s body to prescribed doses of
radiation. Maintains detailed records of all therapy sessions, noting on the
patient’s chart such information as the area treated, the radiation dosage,
equipment control settings, the patient’s reactions, and the total amount of
radiation received to date. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and
procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to
plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general
supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, peers, physicians and the general public.
* Must be able to accurately assess patients, recognize patient needs and effectively communicate needs to physician/nurse.
* Must have refined computer skills, including word processing, keyboarding and ability to effectively utilize computerized scheduling system and electronic medical record.
* Must have professional appearance, be able to handle multiple tasks, be a self-starter and a team player.
* Requires graduation from an accredited radiation therapy program.
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) registry or registry eligibility in radiation therapy technology.
* Must be licensed by the State Department of Health Services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $50.00 per hour
* 401(k) Matching
* Dental Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Retirement Plan
* Vision Insurance
* radiation therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
* ARRT (Required)
* One location
* Monday to Friday
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible