Account: University of Colorado Health
Facility: UCHealth, Denver CO
Department: UCHlth Resource Office (00508567)
– Full-time – 12
– Flex – All Shifts/Combo of Shifts
* Bachelors degree nursing is preferred
* Licensure Required
* At least 2 years of experience preferred
* Resource Office- Medicine Specialties
* 72 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
* Shift- D/N Rotation
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every
person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of
all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care
system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible
experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human
connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career
at UCHealth is more than a job- It’s a passion.
Summary – Travel RN – Medicine Specialties – University of Colorado
Hospital, Aurora, CO
Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with
applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and
mission of the organization.
* Achievement of specialty certification: Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) and Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN).
* Our shared governance structure with unit-based committees offers opportunities to share talents and professional growth.
* Our UEXCEL program provides opportunities for clinical advancement that permits registered nurse career progression, while encouraging the nurse to remain in a clinical position delivering direct patient care.
The typical nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:4 (days) and 1:5 (nights).
Travel RN – Medicine Specialties
Neuro experience preferred
As a UCHealth RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the
most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open
landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the
majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT
be a current employee, and you must live more than 75 miles away from the
facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth RN Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Skills and Abilities:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and
the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast
paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions
using personal protective equipment as required.
* Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program if less than three (3) years’ experience.
* 6 months nursing experience (in an inpatient acute hospital setting)
* State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) and any relevant unit specific certification requirement.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
* Experience in a teaching/academic hospital
* Two years travel RN experience
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire,
a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would
be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at
this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive
and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like
us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what
is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each
of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,
we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful
career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives
that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making
all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be
discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or
otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed,
color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic
information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any
“qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not
impose an undue hardship on the organization.