Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown is a new state of the art
surgical hospital in the Dallas’ Uptown area. Specialties and services will
include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and
Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local
community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we
would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown is a part of United Surgical
Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical
hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States
and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown is currently seeking a
Registered Nurse (RN) in the Pre-OP/PACU Department for Part-Time
opportunities. We are looking for a top-performer with solid knowledge of
Pre- operative and PACU/ Recovery Nursing .This is a fast paced environment
that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes in
Texas. Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Perioperative Services,
the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing the Post Anesthesia Care
record, nursing care plan and the assimilation of the patient’s hospital
record. The PACU nurse is also responsible for implementing all physician
orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all
patients, with continual evaluation of the patients’ condition, providing
patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the
physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and
utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate. Respond to the Emergency
Room as necessary.
* Position required skills for the Registered Nurse (RN) include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
* Current Texas Nursing License
* Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Minimum 2 year experience in a hospital setting
* Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, hospital staff, physicians, vendors and the public.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
* Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
* Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
* Excellent teaching skills
* Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology