Under the direct supervision of the Pre-op/PACU Director. This nurse is
responsible for implementing the Post Anesthesia Care record, nursing care
plan and the assimilation of the patient’s hospital record. The nurse is also
responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the
continuity and quality nursing care for all patients, with continual
evaluation of the patients’ condition, providing patient safety comfort, and
privacy at all times. At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms
with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Minimum of two (2) years experience in a hospital setting.
* 2 years Critical Care experience preferred.
* Current Texas Nursing License.
* Current CPR, ACLS required. PALS required for FT, PRN 2, PRN 3 within 90 days of hire. PALS preferred for PRN 1. .
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good organization habits.
* Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient.
* Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation.
* Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics.
* Excellent teaching skills.
* Basic knowledge of continuous quality improvement ideology.