* Infection Control Prevention/ ICP
* Writes/updates Staff Development Policies on student absenteeism, completion and pass/fail requirements, history and physicals, and criminal screening.
* Prepares applications, for approval by DHS and DSDs, Orientation, In-service, Continuing Education and CNA Certification Training.
* Prepares DHS renewal applications for all editorial programs.
* Provides program change information to DHS, when appropriate, within 30 days of the change.
* Prepares/obtains and files lesson plans for all programs taught for facility employees.
* Maintains a current schedule of all students and outside instructors who may be in the facility doing clinical training. Reviews all such students’ records for history and physicals and criminal screening.
* Ensures all Nursing Assistants hired by the facility complete a certification program within four months of the date of hire.
* Confirms the validity of certificates for all CNAs hired.
* Schedules and coordinates an 8-hour Orientation program for all new facility staff, ensures training occurs prior to a direct patient care assignment.
* Ensures all nursing assistants complete 16 hours of required orientation training during the first 40 hours of employment.
* Completes an Orientation Skills Return Demonstration Checklist on all new CNAs showing they are competent to perform all direct patient care tasks they will be assigned.
* Provides skill training to new staff in any deficient area noted above before allowing the nursing assistant to perform the task with a resident.
* Plans and delivers all staff In-service addressing (10) mandatory topics annually using facility consultants where appropriate (See CCR Title 22, Chp. 3, 72517).
* Schedules and delivers at least 24 hours of CNA In-service training annually through classes which are made available at times accessible to all shifts.
* Evaluates In-service training to develop programs that enhance CNA patient care skills.
* Notifies and updates CNAs of Nurse Assistant Certification Section (NACS) requirements for change of addresses, certificate renewals and due process rights and other requirements of certification.
* Make regular checks for competency of CNA skills performance, positive regard for residents, and development needs of direct care, staff intervenes with mini-in-service immediately if necessary.
* Establishes files of course completion certificates for any non-employee “Continuing Education” In-service student who attends classes in the facility. Retains all records on In-service training programs and attendance records for four years. Certificates must contain all required information.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Charge Nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
* director of staff development in a skilled nursing facility.: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
* Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
* A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
* Monday to Friday
* Day shift
* US Skilled Serve
* Only full-time employees eligible