The Director will coordinate and direct the Hospital Facility Management
departments at multiple facilities to ensure continuous efficient and
economical operations of the hospital’s buildings, central plant operations
and equipment. This position will co-manage the Environment of Care and Life
Safety efforts of the hospital.
0Neonates 1- 30 days 0Infants 30 days – 1 year 0Children 1 – 12 years
0Adolescents 13 – 18 years 0Adults 19 – 70 years 0Geriatrics 70+ 1No patient
Education & Training High School Diploma. Associates degree preferred
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current CHFM or ability to obtain a CHFM
within 1 year of hire.
Texas Class A, B and C underground storage tank certificates or ability to
obtain them within 30 days of notice, if needed.
Master level trade license(s) preferred (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.)
EPA 608 Universal Certification preferred
Work Experience: Three to five years facilities maintenance management
experience is desired (preferably in hospitals).
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Ability to stand/walk between 2 to 4
hours, sit between 2 to 4 hours, and drive 1 to 2 hours. Requires the motion
to bend, squat, climb, reach, lift, carry, push and pull up to 1/3 of the
time. Use of gross and precise motor function with hands and feet. Lift up to
25 pounds 1/3 or more of the time. Lift up to 50 pounds up to 1/3 of the time.
Exposure to body fluid. Supervises approximately 5 direct reports and multiple
Special Requirements: Verbal and writing ability required to communicate
effectively. Numerical ability required. Ability to receive, comprehend, and
carry out instructions. Ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and
materials. Ability to comply with attendance requirements. Ability to comply
with Human Resource policies. Handle multiple priorities. Independent
discretion decision making abilities and must be able to make decisions under
pressure. Manage anger, fear, hostility, and stress appropriately. Work alone
and with others effectively. Work in close proximity to others and in a
distracting environment. A broad knowledge of International and Local Building
Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes, UL Fire Stopping systems, Life
Safety and other related NFPA codes, Joint Commission Elements of Performance,
CMS, TDSHS and OSHA standards is required. Ability to use Microsoft software
including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Ability to read and interpret
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and direct daily activities of the hospital Facility Management Department
* Assign work as needed through verbal and or written instructions/directions.
* Monitor workloads of Facilities staff to ensure proper work performance and proper staffing needs are maintained
* Manage and maintain the CMMS database system(s), EOC rounding software, life safety drawings, ILSM program, Nurse Call System and the hospital Building Management System.
* Manage the utility usage for the facilities and work to implement savings as appropriate.
* Sit on the Safety Committee
* Monitor routine and preventative maintenance activities to ensure utilities, environmental systems and other building systems operate properly and efficiently.
* Co-manage the hospital wide Environment Of Care (EOC) management program and function as back-up to the Safety Officer
* Attends all meetings and trainings as required
* Attends all mandatory education programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance.
* Attends all required department-specific education and training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to department safety and specific job related hazards.
* Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
* Wears proper identification while on duty.
* Performs other duties as assigned