This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code
51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record
Experience and Education
Master’s degree or higher in nursing, documentation of completion of
accredited Advanced Practice Education Program. Graduate education and related
Texas Board of Nursing authorization must be consistent with clinical practice
area and patient population.
Licensure as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by Texas State Board of
Nursing. Authorization for prescriptive authority by the Texas Board of
Nursing. Current applicable American Heart Association Life Support
certification(s) based on UT Southwestern policy for Advanced Practice
Providers. Acute care certification required.
One year relevant clinical experience preferred
1. Conducts and documents comprehensive initial and ongoing physical
examinations based on age and diagnosis, including psychological status.
2. Synthesizes data and utilizes evidence to develop, implement, and evaluate
the patient plan of care, including ordering and interpreting laboratory,
radiology, and other diagnostic studies/results.
3. Demonstrates proficiency in technical/procedural skills, as appropriate
and based on specialty and training.
4. Provides relevant management, referrals, counseling, and education to
patients, families, and caregivers related to current care and preventive
5. Facilitates/participates in quality related initiatives and/or clinical
research protocols through planned group processes, workshops, seminars, and
staff meetings, to improve clinical and system practice performance.
6. Collaborates in research projects and protocols; and routinely applies
evidence based best practices to patient care
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities of Position
and ability to exercise considerable judgment.
* Ability to maintain current customer service, clinical, and technical skills.
* Ability to identify opportunities and provide suggestions for improvements in departmental policy, procedures, and protocols.
* Proficient use of EMR in the delivery of care
Work is performed primarily in a clinical environment. The incumbent may be
exposed to body fluids and infectious diseases.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums
require prior approval of the Vice President for Human Resources
Administration, or his/her designee.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working
environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University
community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits
unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color;
religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability;
genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In
addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis
of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
|Job Category||Advanced Practice|