Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Connecticut. Please visit the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing CE page for more information on continuing education requirements.
RN/LPN: None (some employers may have requirements)
- APRNs licensed after October 1, 2014, must complete 50 hours of CE every 2 years
- 5 hours must be in pharmacotherapeutics
- At least 2 hours of training must address mental health conditions common to veterans and family members of veterans.
- Must complete at least 1 hour in the following topics:
- Risk Management
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Cultural Competency
- Substance abuse, including, but not limited to, prescribing controlled substances and pain management
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Steps to renew your Connecticut nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page in order to confirm your license. Most licenses expire in the first birth month following issuance and are renewable annually thereafter. Please select this link for professions that expire biennially.
- Complete your Connecticut nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Connecticut Board of Nursing to enter your renewal application
Visit the Renewal Information page for specific requirements.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Connecticut ]
Connecticut Department of Health Practitioner Licensing & Investigations Section
Board of Examiners for Nursing
Phone: (860) 509-7603
Fax: (860) 509-8457
Attention all correspondence to the profession in which you are interested.
Email: [email protected]
The office is not open to visitors who do not have an appointment. There is a dropbox if you need to turn something in.
410 Capitol Ave, MS#12PHO
PO Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134-0308
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.