Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Pennsylvania. Please visit the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing for continuing education credits. Nursing CE page for RNs; Nursing CE page for LPNs; Nursing CE page for APRNs.
RN: 30 contact hours every 2 years, including 2 hours of approved child abuse recognition and reporting training
LPN: 3 hours of approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements
APRN: 30 contact hours every 2 years
- 16 must be in advanced pharmacology
- 2 hours approved child abuse recognition and reporting training
- 2 hours in pain management, identification of addiction, or the practices of prescribing or dispensing opioids
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Pennslyvania legislation is pending for becoming a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses. Check the NCSBN website to stay updated.
Steps to renew your Pennsylvania nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page to confirm your license.
- Complete your Pennsylvania nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing to enter your renewal application
Visit the Renewal Information page for specific requirements.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Pennsylvania ]
Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
Phone: (717) 783-7142 or (833) 367-2762
Fax: (717) 783-0822
Email: [email protected]
State Board of Nursing
PO Box 2649
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649
One Penn Center
2601 N. 3rd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.