Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Arkansas. Please visit the Arkansas Board of Nursing CE page for more information on continuing education requirements.
RN/LPN/APRN: One of the following every 2 years
(1) 15 contact hours of appropriately accredited practice-focused activities, OR
(2) Hold a current nationally recognized certification/recertification, OR
(3) Completed a minimum of one college credit hour course in nursing with a grade of C or better
Licensees with prescriptive authority are required to complete an additional 5 contact hours in pharmacotherapeutics related to their specialty.
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Arkansas Board of Nursing accepts courses from any provider who is ANCC accredited.
Additionally, Arkansas is a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses.
Steps to renew your Arkansas nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page in order to confirm your license.
- Complete your Arkansas nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Arkansas Board of Nursing to enter your renewal application
Visit the Arkansas Board of Nursing’s Renewal Information page. Arkansas is a compact state. If your Primary State of Residency is in another compact state do not apply for licensure in Arkansas unless you are declaring Arkansas as your Primary State of Residency.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Arkansas ]
Arkansas Board of Nursing
Phone: (800) 462-0599
Email: [email protected]
4815 W Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205-3867
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.