Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Delaware. Please visit the Delaware Board of Nursing CE page for more information on continuing education requirements.
RN: 30 hours every 2 years (at least 3 hours must pertain to substance abuse)
LPN: 24 hours every 2 years (at least 3 hours must pertain to substance abuse)
APRN: 30 hours every 2 years
- At least 3 hours must pertain to substance abuse
- At least 2 hours must pertain to controlled substance prescribing practices
- Additional 10 hours must pertain to pharmacotherapeutic education if a prescriber
- Maintain national certification
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Delaware Board of Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Additionally, Delaware is a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses.
Steps to renew your Delaware nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page to confirm your license. A few months before the expiration date of the license, a renewal notice will be sent to the email address on the record.
- Complete your Delaware nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Delaware Board of Nursing to enter your renewal application
Visit the Renewal Information page for specifics. Delaware is a compact state. If your Primary State of Residency is in another compact state do not apply for licensure in Delaware unless you are declaring Delaware as your Primary State of Residency.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Delaware ]
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.