Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Georgia. Please visit the Georgia Board of Nursing CE page for more information on continuing education requirements.
RN/APRN: Completion of one of the following options every two years:
- Completion of 30 continuing education hours by a Board-approved provider
- Maintenance of certification or recertification by a national certifying body recognized by the Board
- Completion of an accredited academic program of study in nursing or a related field as recognized by the Board
- Verification of competency by a health care facility or entity licensed under O.C.G.A. §31-7 or by a physician’s office that is part of a health system and at least five hundred (500) hours practiced as evidenced by employer certification on a form approved by the Board
- Completion of a Board-approved reentry program or graduation from a nursing education program
LPN: Completion of one of the following options every two years:
- Completion of 20 continuing education hours by a Board-approved provider
- Completion of an accredited academic program of study in registered professional nursing, as recognized by the Board
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Georgia Board of Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Additionally, Georgia is a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses.
Steps to renew your Georgia nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page to confirm your license.
- Complete your Georgia nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Georgia Professional Licensing Online Services site to request a license renewal
Visit the Renewal Information page for specifics. Georgia is a compact state. If your Primary State of Residency is in another compact state do not apply for licensure in Georgia unless you are declaring Georgia as your Primary State of Residency.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Georgia ]
Georgia Board of Nursing
Phone: (404) 424-9966 or (844) 753-7825
Choose “Option One”
Fax: (877) 371-5712
Email: [email protected]
237 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.