Personal Finance / Nursing Graduate Gifts
If you have a nursing graduate in your life, then you know they deserve some recognition. Becoming a nurse is no small feat. So, it’s important to show the nursing graduate in your life how proud you are.
Getting a gift for your favorite nursing grad can help you extend your love and appreciation to them all while giving them a practical and useful item.
Below, we’re sharing our top 10 best gifts for nursing graduates.
- Stethoscope Name Tag
- Wellness Journal for Nurses
- Quirky Compression Socks
- Stainless Steel Tumbler
- A Good Read About Nursing
- Alex and Ani Nurse Bracelet
- A Cute or Fun Badge Reel
- Multicolored Pen
- Large Water Bottle for All Day Hydration
- Nurse Mug
Caption for foto: Photo from 3LittlePixiesShoppe’s shop on Etsy.
- Cost: This stethoscope tag ranges from $9.95-22.95, depending on the metal of the tag you choose.
This personalized stethoscope tag is the perfect graduation gift for any nursing graduate. You can choose the metal color and have a large variety of fonts to select, making this a unique and special gift that will actually get plenty of use.
Expert advice from nurses like you
Caption for foto: Photo from Kay Kennedy’s “Shifts” listing on Amazon.
- Cost: $14
Shifts is a wellness style journal for nurses. It encourages nurses to reflect on experiences and to carve out valuable “me” time. Nursing school may be challenging but the challenge that lies ahead for new grads has only just begun.
Keeping mental health in check as a new nurse is absolutely vital and this journal is a great way to help do so.
Caption for foto: Photo from Fig’s Solid Compression Socks.
- Cost: Low cut compression socks: $12; High cut compression socks: $28
Every nurse could use a good pair (or 2) of compression socks. 12-hour shifts are no joke and wearing compression socks is a great way to maintain circulation to prevent foot swelling.
These FIGS compression socks are not only high-quality, but there is also a good variety of socks to choose from. Figs offers low and high cut compression socks. There are many patterns that are cute and fun. Or, if you prefer solid colors, those are available as well.
Caption for foto: Photo from Yeti’s Rambler® 10 oz Tumbler.
- Cost: $20
We know that nurses love their coffee. This is why a stainless steel tumbler is always a good gift for a new graduate nurse. Hot coffee and water cold go a long way on those long nursing shifts.
Caption for foto: Photo from Lee Gutkind’s “I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out” on Amazon.
- Cost: $12
“I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out” is a collection of true stories written by nurses. This book can help new graduate nurses feel seen and heard by offering relatable and entertaining stories from nurses’ perspectives.
Caption for foto: Photo from Alex and Ani’s Wear for Honor collection: Medical Charm Bangle
- Cost: $34
This nurse theme bangle is a sentimental and stylish gift for nursing graduates. The expandable bracelet can be purchased in silver or gold and features a charm with the caduceus symbol on it.
- Cost: Starting a $9.99
Badge reels are a fun way for nurses to spice up their everyday outfit and show off what specialty they work in. Etsy has tons of badge reels that are cute and fun for nurses, including specialty specific ones like “cardiac” and “ER”.
- Cost: $7
Multicolored pens are a practical gift for nursing graduates because they are useful for taking nursing notes throughout a shift. Having multiple colors on just one pen makes it easy to hand write notes throughout a shift, such as tracking changes with a patient.
Caption for foto: Photo from HydroJug’s Neutral Pro Jugs.
- Cost: $22
Staying hydrated for a 12-hour shift is challenging to say the least. Having a large water bottle makes it a little easier though. This half- gallon water bottle comes in so many cute colors and is a useful gift.
10. Nurse Mug
Caption for foto: Photo from Zazzle nurse mug.
- Cost: $18
A lot of nurses love coffee on shift, as well as off. This nurse mug is the perfect way for your favorite nursing graduate to sip their favorite coffee or tea during their downtime. It has a simple hospital themed pattern featuring bandages, stethoscopes and pill bottles.
What’s important for nurses when choosing a gift for a nursing student?
- Utility: The best gifts are the ones that actually get used. Think about how often the gift you pick will get used. Anything versatile and functional is always a great idea.
- Sentimentality: Graduating from nursing school is a major accomplishment so you should try to select a gift that has some degree of sentiment.
- Fun factor: It is hard to go wrong with a funny or silly gift. Picking a fun gift like colorful compression socks or a cute badge reel is sure to put a smile on the face of your favorite nursing graduate.
It is important to make sure that nurses know how appreciated they are. Even nurses who have just finished school have done a lot of work to get to where they are. Take some time in selecting the best gift for your favorite nursing graduate. A gift is the best way to say thank you and let someone know how appreciated they are.
Tired of applying for nursing jobs?
With Incredible Health, hospitals apply to YOU.
- BIC 4 Color Pen. amazon.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- Hospital and clinical equipment doctor or nurse mug. Zazzle.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- HydroJug. Thehydrojug.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out. amazon.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- Medical Charm Bracelet. alexandani.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- Nurse Badge Reel. etsy.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- Shifts: The Journal for Nurses. amazon.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- Stethoscope Name Tag. etsy.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- Women’s DNA Compression Socks. wearfigs.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.
- YETI Rambler 10 oz Tumbler. yeti.com. Accessed August 10, 2022.