Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Oklahoma. Please visit the Oklahoma Board of Nursing CE page for more information on continuing education requirements.
RN/LPN: 24 contact hours every 2 years; or
- Provide proof of employment in a position that requires RNs/LPNs to verify 520 work hours every two years; or
- Show proof of certification in a nursing specialty area; or
- Complete refresher course that is Board-approved; or
- Complete a minimum of six credit hours in nursing coursework that correlates with the nurse’s current level of licensure or higher
- 24 contact hours every 2 years (15 hours in pharmacotherapeutic); and
- 2 hours of education in pain management or 2 hours of education in opioid use or addiction
- Maintain national certification
- More information on APRN CE requirements at Oklahoma APRN CE requirements
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Oklahoma Board of Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Additionally, Oklahoma is a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Oklahoma ]
Steps to renew your Oklahoma nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page to confirm your license.
- Complete your Oklahoma nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing to enter your renewal application
Visit the Renewal Portal for specific requirements. Oklahoma is a compact state. If your Primary State of Residency is in another compact state do not apply for licensure in Oklahoma unless you are declaring Oklahoma as your Primary State of Residency.
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.