Nurse Practitioner NP - Long Term Care
Seeking Nurse Practitioners for Long Term Care roles with a major healthcare employer in the Waterloo area.
* Develop strong competencies in Palliative Care as you provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
* Collaborate with primary care physicians, the nursing staff and the patients’ families to coordinate care in the manner best suited to the patient’s needs
* Strike a balance between clinical and customer service / business mindset
* Represent the employer not just with their members and members' families but also with the employees and leaders of each facility.
* Balance how to work with, educate, and service the facilities staff while also providing the members with the clinical and caring attention
Qualifications and skills:
* Current, unrestricted NP license in Iowa
* Clinical background and national certification as ANP, FNP, GNP required
* Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
* Intermediate proficiency in word processing software including Microsoft Word and Outlook
* Healthcare coverage
* Sign on bonuses
* Professional development and career advancement opportunities