Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Seeking an Emergency Department Registered Nurse for a permanent, full-time role at a major hospital in the New Orleans area.
* Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
* Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
* Utilizes data, information and knowledge to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
* Embraces mindset focused on customer satisfaction, employee morale, and improvement in the profession of nursing.
* Other tasks expected of a Registered Nurse in an Emergency Department role
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Preferred - 2+ years Emergency Medicine experience
* Current RN License in the state of Louisiana
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
* Preferred - CEN, ENPC, ACLS, PALS, CPI
* Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
* Proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
* Effective and professional communication skills with varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process (both written and verbal)
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401(k) and 403(b)
* Student loan and tuition assistance
* Paid holidays
* Employer-paid term life insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
* Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)/Work-life Program
* Short-term and long-term disability