Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
New Orleans, LA
$50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Seeking an Emergency Department Registered Nurse for a permanent, full-time role at a major hospital in the New Orleans area.
- Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
- Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
- Utilizes data, information and knowledge to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Embraces mindset focused on customer satisfaction, employee morale, and improvement in the profession of nursing.
- Other tasks expected of a Registered Nurse in an Emergency Department role
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Preferred - 2+ years Emergency Medicine experience
- Current RN License in the state of Louisiana
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- Preferred - CEN, ENPC, ACLS, PALS, CPI
- Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Effective and professional communication skills with varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and 403(b)
- Student loan and tuition assistance
- Paid holidays
- Employer-paid term life insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)/Work-life Program
- Short-term and long-term disability