Patient Safety Nurse
Seeking a Patient Safety Nurse for a permanent role at a top hospital system with locations across Delaware.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develop, implement and evaluate processes and procedures to support event management, including Medical-Dental Staff peer review and workplace concerns
* Collaborate with Risk Management, Patient Relations and other clinical departments to facilitate review of events
* Identify, screen and triage cases review based on urgency, level of harm, complexity, and criteria or red flags
* Monitor progress in achieving event management and peer review outcomes and system improvements.
* Disseminate and incorporate best practice; acts as a liaison to other clinical departments.
* Identify potential quality issues based on referrals and appropriately refers for event/peer review process
* Disseminate case information to appropriate Event/Peer Review Specialist and other staff as needed.
* Manage event management-based committees, workgroups, huddles, debriefs and other groups as assigned.
* Utilize clinical expertise and culture of responsibility concepts to guide event management and provide information relative to specific cases and events.
* Implement strategies based on current and best practice of care including safe, effective and efficient care.
* Network with other organizations for best practice and initiates change resultant in decrease in patient harm.
Qualifications and Skills:
* BSN required
* Master's degree in Nursing preferred
* Five to 10 years of acute care nursing experience required
* Current Delaware/Compact RN licensure required
* Minimum two years' work experience in patient safety or quality preferred
* Medical, vision, and dental coverage
* Retirement savings programs
* Tuition assistance
* Professional development and career advancement opportunities