Patient Safety Nurse
$80,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
Seeking a Patient Safety Nurse for a permanent role at a top hospital system with locations across Delaware.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop, implement and evaluate processes and procedures to support event management, including Medical-Dental Staff peer review and workplace concerns
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Patient Relations and other clinical departments to facilitate review of events
- Identify, screen and triage cases review based on urgency, level of harm, complexity, and criteria or red flags
- Monitor progress in achieving event management and peer review outcomes and system improvements.
- Disseminate and incorporate best practice; acts as a liaison to other clinical departments.
- Identify potential quality issues based on referrals and appropriately refers for event/peer review process
- Disseminate case information to appropriate Event/Peer Review Specialist and other staff as needed.
- Manage event management-based committees, workgroups, huddles, debriefs and other groups as assigned.
- Utilize clinical expertise and culture of responsibility concepts to guide event management and provide information relative to specific cases and events.
- Implement strategies based on current and best practice of care including safe, effective and efficient care.
- Network with other organizations for best practice and initiates change resultant in decrease in patient harm.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSN required
- Master's degree in Nursing preferred
- Five to 10 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Current Delaware/Compact RN licensure required
- Minimum two years' work experience in patient safety or quality preferred
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities