Create a free account to share with and learn from Incredible Health's nurse community.

Ask a question or provide answers of your own.

How can I use my degree? Originally I am from Kurdistan region of Iraq. I have a diploma degree in Nursing School. I have experience like nurse and pharmacist assistant for 5 years in Iraq. So when I moved to USA, now i study BRCC at pre-nursing.

November 23rd, 2022

It can be tricky finding the shortest route to practicing nursing with a foreign that I mean a nursing license not issued in the U.S.
I suggest contacting the Board of Nursing in the state where you want to practice and ask about the quickest route to licensure. Expect to have to pass an English language competency test also, if you have not already done that. It may be good to also contact the Pharmacy Board because it may be more expedient to get a Pharmacy Technician license which would allow you to work while you are meeting your other requirements. Some pharmacy technician courses are short. Inquire at your community college if you have any transferrable credits from your nursing school; you may not need the pre-nursing component. Ask if there are challenge exams you can take that may allow you to bypass certain classes.
Good luck to you!!