By: Iman Abuzeid, MD
Over the past year and a half, the nursing shortage crisis has escalated dramatically. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated nurse turnover and burnout rates, compounded by deadlier variants and the Great Resignation. Understaffing means more patients per nurse and more shifts per week, leading to lower quality of patient care.
At Incredible Health, we are committed to helping health care systems hire experienced, permanent nurses quickly, in order to help healthcare professionals find and do their best work, and live better lives.
That’s why today we’re thrilled to announce the formal launch of our Retention Suite, specifically designed to help hospitals retain permanent nursing talent during the Great Resignation.
The Incredible Health Retention Suite is a set of hiring tools that helps nurses find permanent jobs they’ll love and helps hospitals retain the nurses already on staff. Nurses hired through Incredible Health have a 15% higher retention rate compared to nurses hired through traditional channels at one year. We developed this new suite of tools because hiring nurses that are the right fit, and hiring enough of them, reduces turnover. Effective hiring leads to effective retention.
The Retention Suite also helps nurses make more informed employment decisions. We
flip the script, with hospitals applying to nurses, not the other way around, which allows busy nurses to interview at multiple health systems and complete thorough job searches. Each nurse gets to leverage Incredible Health’s enhanced screening and matching algorithms—which assess 70+ specialties and 250+ nursing skills—to find a role that is the best fit for them. Nurses can consider multiple employers in order to find the best role for them, driving job satisfaction. When nurses are happy in their jobs, they remain with employers for longer.
“The Incredible Health Retention Suite should be the future of the nursing profession. Not only does it have the potential to create better career opportunities for individual nurses, but it promotes positive work environments,” said Shenita Anderson RN, an emergency room nurse who used Incredible Health to find her current permanent role. “This is ultimately reflected in the quality of care that patients receive from nurses who are happy in the roles they serve and employers who understand the importance of pursuing excellence in health care.”
Today, more than 500 top hospitals nationwide, including Johns Hopkins Health System, HCA Healthcare, Stanford Health Care, Kaiser Permanente, Providence St. Joseph, Yale New Haven Health, Baylor Scott and White, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Baptist Health South Florida and many others hire permanent nursing staff with Incredible Health. These hospitals are taking advantage of the enhanced tools which allow them to hire more nurses, reach appropriate staffing levels, and reduce burnout and turnover.
These advanced offerings include:
- Benchmarking data and best practices: Hospitals can compare their own hiring funnel and operations anonymously to competing hospitals locally, regionally and nationally.
- Team activity dashboards: Recruiting team managers’ can leverage analytics on their teams’ activity, to gain insight into each recruiter’s hiring funnel and share best practices across the team and system.
- SMS text capabilities: Recruiters can cut through the noise and send candidates SMS and in-app messages. Messages sent through the Incredible Health platform have an 80% response rate.
- Automated interview scheduling: Incredible Health schedules 70% of interviews automatically, significantly reducing time to hire.
- In-app references: Nurses can add pre-collected references to their profiles to speed hiring managers’ decision-making.
- Advanced screening: Incredible Health’s algorithms automatically check for malpractice and licenses to ensure the highest quality candidates.
- Employer showcase pages: Employers can customize their employer branding to appeal to nurses and communicate what makes their organization a great place to work.
- Mobile-optimized nurse onboarding: Nurses can take advantage of iOS, Android, and mobile web applications to make it even easier to use Incredible Health and find and do their best work.
- Mental health tools: Nurses can use a daily journal and a nurse community to help nurses manage stress, practice gratitude, and support one another.
The pandemic exacerbated the nursing turnover crisis which directly impacts patient outcomes and hospital finances. Engaged, happy nurses provide better patient care, so we developed the Retention Suite to help ensure nurses find careers that fulfill them and increase their job tenure.
We are committed to providing a delightful experience for nurses and hospitals alike, to continue to improve the quality of care and decrease healthcare costs across the nation.