Below are the primary continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Georgia. Please visit the Georgia Board of Nursing CE (continuing education) page for more information.
RN/APRN: Completion of one of the following options every two years:
- Completion of 30 continuing education hours by a Board-approved provider
- Maintenance of certification or recertification by a national certifying body recognized by the Board
- Completion of an accredited academic program of study in nursing or a related field as recognized by the Board
- Verification of competency by a health care facility or entity licensed under O.C.G.A. §31-7 or by a physician’s office that is part of a health system and at least five hundred (500) hours practiced as evidenced by employer certification on a form approved by the Board
- Completion of a Board-approved reentry program or graduation from a nursing education program
LPN: Completion of one of the following options every two years:
- Completion of 20 continuing education hours by a Board-approved provider
- Completion of an accredited academic program of study in registered professional nursing, as recognized by the Board
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Georgia Board of Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Additionally, Georgia is a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Georgia ]
Georgia Board of Nursing
Phone: (404) 424-9966 or (844) 753-7825
Choose “Option One”
Fax: (877) 371-5712
Email: [email protected]
237 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.