Nursing Job Search Guides & Resources
Every step needed to have a seamless job search with additional resources to make sure you land your dream nursing job.
Career Resources / Job Search
The job search process can be daunting for any nurse to navigate – from finding the right job to preparing for an interview, and everything in between.
Begin your job search
There are many things to consider when starting your job search. What you decide to specialize in, if you are a new nurse, and even where you choose to work. Nurses can practice in a plethora of environments, including physicians’ offices, schools, home healthcare services, nursing care facilities, outpatient clinics, and of course hospitals.
Here are some additional resources to get you started in your search, no matter what stage you’re starting from:
- Starting to explore a nursing career: learn about the different types of nurses, or take our nursing specialty quiz to get a personalized suggestion.
- Recently graduated nurses: explore our resources for new nurses to help put your best foot forward as you enter the profession.
- Experienced nurses: make sure your nursing license is in good standing and jump right in to browse job opportunities at hundreds of employers on Incredible Health.
Or, you can let us do the heavy lifting for you! We specialize in matching incredible nurses with awesome employers. Once you create your profile (with your goals, location preferences, and experience), you will receive interview requests from employers.
Get your resume ready
A great resume can set you apart from candidates, but getting it right is harder than it may seem. Here are some resources to make it simpler:
- Learn how to create or improve your nursing resume by using our nursing resume guide with templates. Our guide includes: writing the resume objective and summary, showcasing your skills, formatting, and more.
- Make sure you’re presenting your nursing credentials correctly so potential employers know right away that you’re qualified for the job.
💡Tip: Incredible Health’s Nurse Talent Advocates can help by making sure your resume and profile are in tip-top share before heading into an interview.
Customize your cover letter
Cover letters are your chance to introduce yourself to a potential employer.
Learn how to create your own with our nursing cover letter guide including steps, examples, templates, and even common mistakes to avoid.
Who you work for can make all the difference. As you progress in the job search process, make sure to spend time evaluating potential employers to make sure their culture, values, and benefits align with your needs. Some information may be available on the employer’s website. In other cases, you may need to ask during your interview.
Below are a few resources to help guide your employer research:
- Browse employer overviews (benefits, culture, and locations)
- Ask the Incredible Health nurse advice community
- 10 non-salary benefits for nurses
Employer resources by state
Nursing interview prep
Now, you’re ready for the interview stage! We’ve got you covered with a complete guide to preparing for nursing interview questions.
Below are interview guides for different types of nurses:
- CNA interview prep
- Home health nurse interview prep
- Nurse practitioner interview prep
- ER nurse interview prep
Evaluating an offer
You passed the interview with flying colors and the employer has extended an offer. There’s just one final step before accepting a new position: evaluating the offer. If the salary or benefits are not what you expected, it’s ok to negotiate with the employer before accepting the job. They may also offer a hiring bonus, which can be valuable, but as a one-time payment should not the main deciding factor.
That said, it’s not just about the money – it’s also about how well you got along with the interview team.
If and when you do decide to accept an offer for a new position, don’t forget to take the proper steps to resign from your current nursing job.
Questions from the Incredible Health Nurse Community
- Interview Question Advice: "Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?"
- How do I prepare for a panel interview?
- Interview Question Advice: " Why are you the best person for this position?"
- Interview Question Advice: "Tell me about a time you had to communicate with a difficult patient. How did you handle it?"
More Nursing Resources
We’ve got you covered with even more resources below.
Keep your skills fresh and make sure you meet your state’s continuing education requirements – all free for nurses on Incredible Health.
Questions from nurses, and real answers from fellow nurses.
Get a personalized salary estimate for your location and nursing specialty.
Positions you’ll love, in places you are
Incredible Health has employers competing for talented healthcare professionals like you in select states.
Top nurse jobs on Incredible Health
Metairie, LA | $56,000 to $88,000 /year
Bogalusa, LA | $56,000 to $88,000 /year
Canton, TX | $86,000 to $120,000 /year
Hanford, CA | $80,000 to $110,000 /year
Waco, TX | $54,000 to $100,000 /year