Nursing Job Search Guides & Resources
Every step needed to have a seamless job search with additional resources to make sure you land your dream nursing job.
Starting Your Job Search
The job search process can be daunting for any nurse to navigate – from finding the right job to preparing for an interview, and everything in between.
Begin your job search
There are many things to consider when starting your job search. What you decide to specialize in, if you are a new nurse, and even where you choose to work. Nurses can practice in a plethora of environments, including physicians’ offices, schools, home healthcare services, nursing care facilities, outpatient clinics, and of course hospitals. Here are some additional posts to help guide your search:
- How to Find Your Ideal Nursing Job
- How To Make Sure Your Next Job is the Right Job
- Tips for Finding a Job After Nursing School
Or, you can let us do the heavy lifting for you! We specialize in matching incredible nurses with awesome employers. Once you create your profile (with your goals, location preferences, and experience), you will receive interview requests from employers.
Get your resume ready
A great resume can set you apart from candidates. Learn how to create or improve your nursing resume by using our nursing resume guide with templates. Our guide includes: writing the resume objective and summary, showcasing your skills, how to organize your credentials, formatting and more!
Customize your cover letter
Cover letters are your chance to introduce yourself to a potential employer. Learn how to create your own. Our guide covers the steps, includes examples and templates, and even common mistakes when writing cover letters.
Who you work for can make all the difference, so it’s important to look into who your future employers may be as well. U.S News compiles lists of best hospitals in multiple specialties and cities, so it’s easy to take a glance at top ranked hospitals that are award holders.
Another resource you can use is Yelp, as employees and patients will leave reviews there. Patient satisfaction is also one of the best indicators of a great employer.
- Best Hospitals to Work at in California
- Best Hospitals to Work at in Florida
- Best Hospitals to Work at in Pennsylvania
Nursing interview prep
Now, you’re ready to move on to preparing for interviews! We’ve got you covered with a complete guide to interviews, with our Top 17 Nursing Interview Questions, Answers and Tips. We also have prepared a guide to ensure you negotiate a nursing salary for the best possible offer.
Even more ways you can brush up on your interview readiness:
- Nurse Career Coach: At Incredible Health, we believe nurses deserve better, so we’ve assembled a team of Talent Advocates to support you through the hiring process. They’re basically your personal career coach. Our very own Talent Advocate, Molly helps nurses through the interview process, and offers support and feedback all the way until they receive an offer.
Questions from the Incredible Health Nurse Community
- Interview Question Advice: "Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?"
- How do I prepare for a panel interview?
- Interview Question Advice: " Why are you the best person for this position?"
- Interview Question Advice: "Tell me about a time you had to communicate with a difficult patient. How did you handle it?"
More Nursing Resources
We’ve got you covered with even more resources below.
It’s never too late (or too soon) to begin looking for a change. Whether you are looking to change your nursing specialty or looking into something completely different.
Questions from nurses, and real answers from fellow nurses.
You’ve found a great new job. Now it’s time to break the news. Follow this simple template to resign with grace.
Get a personalized salary estimate for your location and nursing specialty.
Positions you’ll love, in places you are
Incredible Health has employers competing for talented healthcare professionals like you in select states.