Personal Finance / Best Clogs and Crocs for Nurses
It’s officially Croctober!
If you’re a Crocs-lover like us, then you’re in luck! It’s officially Croctober! For the entire month of October, Crocs is having $30 specials on their classic crocs. Additionally, Crocs will be having surprises, giveaways, and extra deals for the rest of the month.
And if that wasn’t enough, there’s also a 20th Anniversary Croc Day Party on October 23rd.
As a nurse, you want to ensure that your shoes are comfortable, affordable, and meet standard nursing requirements for your hospital (such as color and style). You’ll also want to ensure your shoes are slip-resistant, fluid-resistant, and have closed toes.
Aside from your best pair of shoes providing hours of comfort and support, choosing a shoe you will wear on the job can also be a great way to show off your style and personality. Fun colors, bold patterns, and exciting designs are great ways to add flair to your nursing scrubs.
This article will list 6 of the best clogs for nurses as well as some of our favorite Crocs for nurses. for nurses. We’ll also discuss costs, where you can buy the shoes, and what to consider before you purchase.
6 Best Clogs:
- Crocs On-The-Clock Work Slip-On
- Dansko Professional
- Koi by Sanita
- Croc’s Bistro Clog
- Anywear SRANGEL Closed Back Clog
1. Crocs On-The-Clock Work Slip-On
- Feel: Reinforced slip-on shoes with a relaxed fit with soft, cradling comfort.
- Durability: This shoe has an enclosed toe, with a heel and slip-resistant tread. These shoes are easy to clean; simply wipe with soap and water.
- Styles: The shoe is available for men and women and comes in various colors, including black, white, navy, and tie-dye.
- Cost: $35.36- $44.99
- Where to buy: Amazon, Crocs.com, nursing uniform stores
[ Looking for more support? Get free, personalized career guidance from experienced RNs. ]
2. Dansko Professional
- Feel: Dansko shoes are very well-known clogs in the nursing world. These Dansko clogs are made with a noticeable heel attached. For the Dansko professional, it has a heel height of 2″. These shoes also have a roomy toe box and odor control.
- Durability: Dansko clogs are made with a polyurethane midsole, a padded instep collar, and a protective heel that provides additional stability. You can wipe these shoes with a clean cloth, soap, and water.
- Styles: Dansko clogs come in an assortment of colors and styles and can be personalized for each nurse’s style. Materials used for these clogs include patent, box, oiled, and specialty leather.
- Cost: $130-145.00
- Where to buy: Dansko.com, Amazon, Zappos.com
3. Koi by Sanita
- Feel: These clogs are created as a partnership be Koi scrubs and Sanita. These shoes are made from patent leather, with padded instep and cushioned microfiber insole. The platform heel measures 1″.
- Durability: Koi clogs feature a slip-resistant sole with a toe box design. You can wipe these down with soap and water or use alcohol for a deep clean. These nursing clogs also meet the standards of the American Podiatric Medical Association, as they promote good foot health and support nurses who are on their feet for long periods.
- Styles: These clogs feature multiple colors and patterns with the signature Koi logo and small charm detail on the outsole.
- Cost: $99-$141
- Where to buy: sanita.com, Amazon, and zappos.com
4. Croc’s Bistro Clog
- Feel: Since these Crocs are slip-resistant and praised for their comfortablility and lightweight build, they are the perfect option for a busy nurse.
- Durability: Crocs are known for their durability. Most Crocs see a lifespan of a few years even with everyday wear.
- Styles: These clogs only feature a few colors, but are some of Croc’s best seller’s for nursing shoes.
- Cost: $45
- Where to buy: crocs.com, multiple retailers also available
- Feel: These shoes are designed with a comfortable insole, arch support, and cushioning. The Naples design includes a roomy box toe design for added comfort during your shift, with a 1″ heel. Klogs are also designed to eliminate the need for a break-in period.
- Durability: These shoes are lightweight, with a unique anti-slip grip on the soles. Gently wipe these shoes with a soft or damp cloth.
- Styles: Klogs come in various fun, unique styles, including cheetah print, yellow floral patterns, and rose patterns.
- Cost: $99.00- $188.00
- Where to buy: amazon.com, klogsfootwear.com, nursing uniform retailers
6. Anywear SRANGEL Closed Back Clog
- Feel: Although these offer great comfortability with a cushioned and supportive insole, these run a bit small. Luckily Amazon also offers the “try before you buy” so you can try before you commit.
- Durability: One of the caveats to these is there have been some complaints in regards to durability, with soles only lasting a few months.
- Styles: The Anywear’s SRANGEL offers a lot of cute styles, with varying patterns from glitter, hearts, and even owl prints!
- Cost: $32.20 – $40.98
- Where to buy: amazon.com, allheart.com
Tired of applying for nursing jobs?
With Incredible Health, hospitals apply to YOU.
What’s important for nurses when choosing crocs and nursing shoes?
- Comfort: After purchasing your shoes, spend a few days breaking them in. To have the most comfortable experience while wearing your shoes at work, you’ll need to break them in before you begin your work shift. Breaking in shoes requires you to walk around in the shoes a few times a day to make the heels and arches more comfortable for your feet.
- Utility: Consider what type of style would be best for you. Are clogs easier for you versus a lace-up style? Also, consider how much money you would like to spend on shoes. The shoe material and design are important for each style’s longevity.
- Slip Resistance: Make sure your shoes have a slip-resistant sole to avoid the risk of falls in your day-to-day role. Our nursing shoes encounter many substances, including blood, urine, and wet areas, after housekeeping cleans the floor. You want to avoid the chance you could slip and injure yourself if you walk across these surfaces. Shoes usually denote if they have slip-resistant features, but you can also check the bottom of the shoe to see its type of sole.
So, the next step is to get you to the store and get your feet in some shoes! Additionally, you can review the company’s website for size charts and the types of shoes you’d like to buy.
Also, with your new shoe purchase, you might want to consider the socks you’ll wear. Compression stockings are a favorite in the nurse world, especially for roles requiring nurses to stand for extended periods.
Have fun with the process of trying new shoe styles, designs, and colors. Take this time to let your personality shine with a fantastic pair of comfortable shoes that may keep you comfortable during your shift and even add confidence as you walk through your nursing journey!
- Crocs. https://www.crocs.com/p/crocs-on-the-clock-work-slip-on/205073.html. Accessed on August 3, 2022.
- Dansko. https://www.dansko.com/professional-black-patent. Accessed on August 3, 2022.
- Klogs. https://klogsfootwear.com/women-healthcare/. Accessed on August 4, 2022.
- New Balance. https://www.newbalance.com/pd/fresh-foam-arishi-v3/WARISV3-40403.html. Accessed on August 4, 2022.
- Nursemates. https://www.nursemates.com/en/align-velocity-13031.html?dwvar_13031_color=Grey. Accessed on August 4, 2022.
- Sanita. https://www.sanita.com/collections/koi-by-sanita?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-oX1nqOr-QIVjBPUAR2ZXwyYEAAYASAAEgIAfvD_BwE. Accessed on August 3, 2022. Skechers. https://www.skechers.com/technologies/collections/womens/work-skechers-max-cushioning-elite-sr—banham/108029_NVGY.html. Accessed on August 3, 2022.