Below are the primary license renewal and continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Wyoming. Please visit the Wyoming State Board of Nursing Handbook page (Chapter 2, Section 13) page for more information on continuing education requirements.
RN/LPN: Complete every 2 years:
- 30 hours of continuing education; or
- 200 hours of active nursing practice and 15 hours of continuing education; or
- 400 hours of active nursing practice; or
- Successfully pass the NCLEX
Current national certification as an APRN in the recognized role and population focus area; or
If recognized as an APRN in the State prior to January 1, 1999,
and has maintained continuous licensure, but is not nationally certified, the APRN shall submit
- 60 hours of continuing education; and
- 400 hours of active nursing practice as an APRN in the last 2 years
- An APRN with prescriptive authority shall also submit evidence of 3 hours of continuing education related to responsible prescribing of controlled substances every 2 years; and
- Prescriptive authority requires an additional 15 hours of pharmacology and clinical management of drug therapy every 2 years
Effective July 1, 2019, all licensees with prescriptive authority are required 3 hours of continuing education related to the prescribing of controlled substances or the treatment of substance abuse disorders every two years.
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Wyoming State Board of Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
Additionally, Wyoming is a nursing compact state, which allows nurses to hold multi-state licenses.
Steps to renew your Wyoming nursing license
- Verify the status of your license
Visit the Verification page to confirm your license.
- Complete your Wyoming nursing continuing education requirements before your license expires
You can complete your nursing CEUs online, on your schedule, and 100% free with Incredible Health.
- Go to the Wyoming Board of Nursing to enter your renewal application
Visit the Renewal Information page for specific requirements. Wyoming is a compact state. If your Primary State of Residency is in another compact state do not apply for licensure in Wyoming unless you are declaring Wyoming as your Primary State of Residency.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Wyoming ]
Wyoming State Board of Nursing
Phone: (307) 777-7601
130 Hobbs Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.