Nursing Care of Pediatric Patients by Stage of Development
Free Nursing CEUs / Nursing Care
In this course, you will learn how to care for children of each developmental stage, as each stage presents its own unique challenges for nurses. You will learn age-appropriate interventions used to facilitate medical and nursing care in pediatric patients, as well as how to involve the family in pediatric care in order to maximize patient comfort and cooperation.
3.5 Contact Hours
- Current Practice in Nursing Care of Pediatric Patients
- Family Responses to Illness and/or the Hospitalized Child
- Developmental Considerations for Appropriate Nursing Interventions
- General Interventions across the Developmental Spectrum
- The Importance of Caring, Consistency, and Humility
- Labeling Feelings
- Let’s Talk About Resiliency
- Developmental Strategies with Infants (0-12 months)
- Developmental Strategies with Toddlers (1- 3 years old)
- Developmental Strategies with Preschool Children (3 years – 6 years)
- Developmental Strategies with School Age Children (6 years – 12 years)
- Developmental Strategies with Adolescent Children (12 years – 18 years)
- Therapeutic Play in Nursing Care of Pediatric Patients
- Cultural Considerations
- Reducing Pain and Discomfort
- Nursing Care of Pediatric Patients with Special Healthcare Needs
How to earn your free nursing CEUs
Create a free account
Create an Incredible Health account and get access to an online library of premium continuing education courses for nurses.
Complete online courses fast
Courses are approved by the ANCC in all 50 states and designed to get you the education you need as quickly as possible.
Get instant certificates
Upon course completion certificates are available instantly. It’s that easy!
Nursing CEUs by State
Incredible Health CE courses are approved by the ANCC for nurses in all 50 U.S. states.
View all states
Incredible Health: Trusted by nurses for careers, CEUs, and more
Testimonials from nurses like you
“Over the past six years, I have spent thousands of dollars on continuing education units…Being able to access continuing education units anywhere and at any time for free through Incredible Health, will make the process much easier for nurses’ busy lifestyles.”
“My license is up for renewal and with your help I completed my 30 ceu needed for California. You are doing a great service for us nurses. There’s so much stress on us right now. You’ve made one less worry for me. Thank you.”
“I signed up for the free CEU courses. They are 100% free, informative, and I can do them at my own pace. When you complete a course they give you a certificate to print out as well as email you the certificate to print later…I 100% recommend Incredible Health when you need to do your RN CEU!”