Stay in the know.

Join our free nurse community to get updates on trending questions and the topics you care about

I'm looking to transfer my Nevada license to NY and I'm having great difficulty. Is there anyone with experience doing this or willing to lend some of their time to help me out?? Thanks for reading and I hope you have a beautiful day :)

November 16th, 2022

I recently transferred my RN license from NY to SC and had no problems.

You will need to get in contact with the state education department for the state you are transferring to and request to speak with the Nursing division for that state. They, in turn, will send you out all of the paperwork you will need to do the transfer with specific instructions to follow. Every state has different requirements. Be sure to inquire as to what their requirements are.

Good luck to you.

February 14th, 2023

hello there,
I applied for reciprocity, Contact NY board of nursing and find requirements on their site. Every state has different rules. It's a shame that neither one of those states are compact. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

February 8th, 2023

You can’t necessarily transfer your license to NY as it’s not a compact state. You have to go through the process of getting it endorsed and apply for an actual license.

December 13th, 2022

Shouldn’t be difficult. I know you need Nursys verification. Fees etc . You must do 2 courses online . I can’t remember them. It does however take a while. My friend is also waiting

December 11th, 2022

I had an easy time obtaining my NY RN license.Orignal license in California.
Terrible time getting my nurse practitioner
license in New York.Took 4-5 months for that one

December 5th, 2022

You need to apply for NY license . I have PA as my original license . Was not able to transfer, rather had to apply for NY license . Had to do child abused and sexual assault training and bunch of other stuff many years ago now

November 16th, 2022

It’s transferred thank you for the responses! I really appreciate it. :)

August 8th, 2022

I lived and worked in Nevada ( Las Vegas). Nevada and New York are not Compact States. So you have to apply for New York nursing license by Endorsement. But you have to know the requirements and gather them before you apply. Go to New York Nursing Board website and you’ll find them there and the phone number. I recommend for you to call them so you’ll know exactly what you have to do. Also New York doesn’t do Temp license. Your current license should be active. I hope this will help. Just google the “ New York Nursing Baord”, everything is there.