By: Iman Abuzeid, MD
Despite the nation’s demand for qualified, permanent nurses among one of the worst labor shortages in history, nurses consistently report long timelines in their job search and difficulty finding the right role. Even worse, they often never hear back from health systems they have applied to, despite the urgent need for nurses.
Nurses are the backbone of our health system and they deserve a partner that helps them succeed at every step in their careers – whether it is kicking off the job search, fulfilling their continuing education courses, or understanding potential opportunities. That’s why nurses across the nation are turning to Incredible Health. We enable nurses to quickly find their dream permanent roles and get support in planning and managing their careers, while also helping health systems hire and retain top talent.
We’re excited to share that in the last 12 months alone, the number of nurses on our platform has tripled. Not only are we attracting nurses in volume; we’re also helping the highest qualified nurses in the nation to manage their careers and get hired in top permanent roles:
- Two-thirds (66%) have three or more certifications compared to the national average of 40%
- Nurses have an average of 11 years of experience, and 38% have more than 10 years of experience.
- Nurses hold an average of three certifications, including certifications for key specialties like ICU and OR, with some nurses having as many as 15 certifications.
- 67% of nurses are trained in at least one of 45 specialties, including the ICU, OR, Emergency, Cardiac Cath Lab, and Labor & Delivery. 14% of nurses are managers.
- 61% of nurses hold a BSN degree or higher, which is particularly important for Magnet-designated hospitals that are part of Incredible Health’s platform.
- Nurses reviewed by Incredible Health’s network of over 500 hospital partners receive an average of 3 interview requests from employers, with an interview request being sent every 90 seconds.
Challenging the status quo
At Incredible Health, we flip the script. Hospitals apply to nurses, not the other way around, allowing busy nurses to interview at multiple health systems, complete thorough job searches, and confidently choose their new role. Nurses using Incredible Health get hired three times faster than national averages – in under 20 days.
Our innovative platform is free for all nurses, who can use it as a one-stop shop to find their dream permanent roles and plan and manage their careers. We are constantly adding and updating features to our platform. A few nurse favorites include:
- Salary Estimator – Incredible Health’s Salary Estimator, based on real-time data from the marketplace, helps give nurses a better idea of what they should expect to make based on geography and specialty, further enabling nurses to make more informed career decisions.
- Free Continuing Education Courses – Incredible Health offers 100+ premium American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accredited continuing education units (CEU’s) free of charge to ensure nurses are always up to date with their licensing requirements, and to ease their financial burden of the $240 million spent annually by U.S. nurses out of pocket for continuing education.
- Nurse Community & mental health tools – Two features added during the pandemic include the Incredible Health Nurse Community, a social network community built exclusively for nurses, and the Daily Nurse Journal, a digital journaling platform. These products were designed to help nurses build community, seek support and advice, and reflect on their workdays to help combat the high stress and burnout that is pervasive in the field.
- Personal Talent Advocate – Each nurse on the platform is paired with a Personal Talent Advocate who can provide interview coaching, share resume tips, and help evaluate their job offers.
- Mobile-optimized nurse onboarding – Nurses can take advantage of iOS, Android, and mobile web applications to make it even easier to use Incredible Health and find and do their best work.
“When I last applied for a job 17 years ago, it was through someone I knew. It is quite intimidating to start the process of finding a new role, no matter how much experience you have, and Incredible Health did all the heavy lifting for me,” said Kim Mctamney, RN. “I was looking for a NICU job and in less than a month on Incredible Health, I got the staff job offer for exactly what I was looking for.”
Top Hospitals Use Incredible Health to Hire Top Nurses
Incredible Health’s solution helps nurses find more fulfilling positions and stay in them longer, a value hospitals recognize. When nurses are happier and hospitals have fewer staff shortages, patients get higher quality care.
Earlier this year, we announced that 60% of the top-ranked hospitals in the United States work with Incredible Health for their permanent staffing needs. Our network of hospitals also benefits from a 15% higher retention rate with nurses hired through Incredible Health compared to nurses hired through traditional channels at one year.
Our network of employers includes academic medical centers, community hospitals, and major health systems, including Johns Hopkins Health System, Stanford Health Care, Kaiser Permanente, and HCA Healthcare. Hospitals on our platform include both union and non-union hospitals, academic and community hospitals, as well as Magnet and Non-Magnet designated hospitals.
We started Incredible Health because we believed nurse hiring was fundamentally inefficient for both nurses and health systems. Our mission from day one is to help healthcare workers find and do their best work, and we see this as another milestone in realizing our goals.
Are you a nurse looking to take your career to the next level? Sign up here. Our career tools are always free for nurses.
Are you a health system interested in how Incredible Health can increase retention and shorten your permanent nurse hiring to 20 days or less? Sign up for a free consultation here.