Stay in the know.

Join our free nurse community to get updates on trending questions and the topics you care about

How can I obtain a compact license as someone who is licensed and resides in a non-compact state (NY)?

January 31st, 2023


You would have to legally reside in a state that is part of the compact agreement. Then you can apply for a license through endorsement.

November 9th, 2022

Unfortunately you would have to get residence in a state that has compact status. Requires a permanent address and not a PO box

April 22nd, 2024

Short answer, you cannot. Long answer: if you are looking to apply for another state license you will apply by endorsement or reciprocity for EACH state you wish to be licensed. You will go through their state board of nursing for the nursing application and instructions.

April 22nd, 2024

Contact online your nursing board. Division of consumer Affairs πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ‘βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™β˜€οΈ

February 21st, 2024

If you’re working as a travel nurse than travel nurse agency can assist you to get a other state license.

January 29th, 2023

You can’t a this time. I reside in NY as well