Over the past six months, the news cycle has been flooded with headlines about hospitals and nurses, and the trials and tribulations of both healthcare workers and health systems due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At Incredible Health, driven by our vision of helping healthcare professionals live better lives, we had to do more to both help nurses find better, more fulfilling roles while supporting healthcare employers in quickly hiring the permanent talent they need in a cost-efficient manner.
We’re excited today to announce the formal launch of several platform updates aimed at helping healthcare employers meet nurse hiring needs during a critical phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. The updates enable even more rapid and seamless hiring of permanent, specialized nurses to less than 12 days, while simultaneously avoiding the high costs associated with hiring temporary travel nurses. It’s a key step in keeping costs down for healthcare employers at a time when many have suffered substantial revenue-losses due to the pandemic. We’re proud that on average, the Incredible Health platform saves each hospital we work with at least $2M per year in travel nurse, overtime, and HR costs.
The new features, built collaboratively with our hospital partners, include:
- Enhanced custom-matching algorithms: We are the only platform that uses automation to help screen the talent’s credentials and preferences, and automatically custom match the talent with employers. This increases the likelihood that a nurse is the right fit from the outset.
- Automated interview scheduling: Automated, SMS-enabled scheduling requires zero IT integration. This enables 70% of interviews to be automatically scheduled within 36 hours of matching, reducing HR overhead costs.
- Remote interviewing: With hospital recruiters working from home, the need to reduce visitors at healthcare facilities, and in-person interviewing not possible, the option to interview remotely allows recruiters and nurses the freedom to complete interviews from the safety of their home.
- In-app chat between employers and nurses: Increased communication speed in the Incredible Health iOS, Android, and web apps directly correlates with faster hiring and helps both parties complete the hiring process far more quickly.
- Robust data analytics: In-app and custom data reports, including benchmarks with competitors and candidate response data, improves internal hiring processes.
- Enhanced nurse profiles with specialty skills & references: Nurse profiles now have 45 specialties and 250 skills to highlight, including highly specific ICU and OR skills, highlighting custom-matched candidates that are best suited for each role. Employers also get access to pre-collected nurse references to aid hiring managers in rapid decision making. Nurses have continued access to our free continuing education courses.
Used by more than 200 hospitals and health systems nationwide and hundreds of thousands of nurses, Incredible Health already has the fastest speed-to-hire process for permanent nurses, averaging about 24 days before the pandemic compared to the national 90-day average. Together, the new platform enhancements help accelerate the hiring process even further, at a time when hospitals cannot afford delays or additional costs from overtime and travel nurse agencies. Over the last several months, speed-to-hire has decreased to only 12 days, with an interview being sent through the platform every 20 minutes. Additionally, retention of nurses hired through Incredible Health’s platform is 15% higher at the one year mark than other hiring methods.
Incredible Health is doing more than any other platform to address the staffing needs for healthcare employers created by COVID-19. Rapid speed-to-hire of qualified permanent nurses is not simply a ‘nice-to-have’ during this healthcare crisis: it’s mission-critical to ensure the well-being of patients and the long-term financial health of these institutions. Hospitals have been hit hard by declining revenues over the last several months, and they need to avoid high costs whenever they can. With our new enhancements, we’re ensuring the well-being of patients and the long-term financial health of these institutions.
Read more about these updates and how we’re helping healthcare employers hire permanent nurses during COVID-19.