Nurses are our unsung heroes. In the midst of COVID-19, we’re extra thankful for our nurses and doctors who are working overtime to keep our communities safe and healthy. But even in times of normalcy, nurses are often overworked and under-appreciated. They deserve better, and we’re laser-focused on providing exactly that.
That’s why today, we’re announcing a first-of-its-kind platform offering free continuing education for nurses in the U.S. to help them obtain or renew licenses required to practice. Incredible Health’s Continuing Education Units (CEUs) premium online courses will make it free for nurses to complete their states’ required continuing education units directly on Incredible Health’s platform. There’s no catch: it’s 100% free nursing CEUs, and nurses will receive their certificate immediately upon completion.
Create Free Account
Create an Incredible Health account and get access to a library of 100+ premium online courses.
Free continuing education for nurses is something we have been working on for some time, but given the heightened nursing shortage crisis due to COVID-19, we accelerated our efforts to make free CEU courses available now. As officials like Governor Cuomo of New York call on former healthcare workers to return to hospitals and assist, our new offering will make it easy for nurses to quickly complete any CEU requirements and renew their licenses so they can get back to doing what they do best: caring for those in need.
There are 4.8 million licensed registered nurses (RNs) in the U.S. and each state has its own continuing education requirements that can cost anywhere from $50 to thousands. For example, in California nurses are required to complete 30 hours of continuing education for license renewal, and in Massachusetts RNs are required to complete 15 contact hours every two years. Our CEUs platform takes the guesswork out of which courses need to be completed and when.
Over the years, I’ve talked to dozens of nurses about how expensive, confusing and time-consuming the license renewal and continuing education process can be. From having to travel around the country to conferences and pay-out-of-pocket for courses — often without being reimbursed by their employer — to the courses being irrelevant to what nurses deal with in day-to-day practice, nurses are stuck with a system that doesn’t benefit them or their patients. That changes today, and I’m proud that Incredible Health is a part of the solution.
“In order to fulfill my continuing education units, I have had to travel around the country and pay for it out of pocket. Over the past six years, I have spent thousands of dollars on continuing education units — some of which was not reimbursed by my hospital — only to find the content of the courses were not relevant or helpful to what nurses deal with today. Being able to access continuing education units anywhere and at any time for free through Incredible Health, and have quality courses that are relevant to our day-to-day practice, will make the process much easier for nurses’ busy lifestyles.”
Sumreay JosephRegistered Nurse
Here’s everything nurses need to know about our free online CEUs and the support we’re offering:
- It’s free and always will be! Nurses no longer have to worry about an out-of-pocket expense to maintain and renew their license.
- It’s accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Guam.
- There’s no more guesswork: Each state has its own continuing education requirements which can be confusing, and our offering easily displays the requirements a nurse needs to fulfill based on entering their license information. This makes it easier for nurses who are looking to relocate and meet different state requirements.
- It’s accessible, quick and concise. The continuing education courses are available on our iOS, Android, and web apps, covering a range of relevant and trending topics, from disaster-planning to specialty-specific items, including: “Alzheimer’s Disease: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Research” and “A Nurse’s Role in the American Opioid Epidemic” and dozens more.
- Instant certification. Certificates are available instantly for download.
At Incredible Health, we’re on a mission to help nurses live better lives and removing the headache from license renewals is just one part of that. During such uncertain, stressful and demanding times, it is the least we can do.
Nurses can get more information on the continuing education platform and get access for free here.
Create Free Account
Never pay for CEUs again with Incredible Health